- find out more
Buffalo Dreaming 4WD Kakadu & Litchfield Adventure
Explore the landscapes, discover native wildlife and take the plunge at the waterfalls of Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks on this Top End adventure, all whilst learning about Aboriginal Dreamtime from your guide.
- Style: Guided Small Group Adventure Tour
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
- Starts in: Darwin
Guide Price £364
per person (based on 2 adults sharing)
- Get off the beaten track as you head deep into Kakadu National Park
- Swim in waterholes and the waterfalls of Litchfield National Park
- Visit the Aboriginal rock art site of Ubirr
- Spot crocodiles on a Mary River Wetlands cruise
Day 1 Darwin to Kakadu NP
Set off early for your journey to Kakadu National Park, stopping en route at the Mary River Wetlands which boasts the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the Southern Hemisphere. After a cruise on the wetlands, continue to South Alligator River for lunch on the edge of the national park before arriving into Ubirr this evening. Learn the story behind the Rainbow Serpent as you view ancient Aboriginal rock art and climb Nadab Lookout for some spectacular views over the floodplain.
Day 2 Kakadu NP to Litchfield NP
After breakfast, depart camp and get off the beaten track with your 4WD to Twin Falls, a beautifully remote waterfall deep in the heart of Kakadu. Walk through monsoon forests and over boulders to Jim Jim Falls, surrounded by 150 metre cliffs and take the time to soak up the natural beauty of this majestic location. This afternoon, head to your private campsite just outside of Litchfield National Park.
Day 3 Litchfield NP to Darwin
Explore the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of the national park, before marvelling at the intriguing magnetic and cathedral termite mounds. Later, swim and hike at Florence and Wangi Falls plus discover the many rock holes of Buley Rockhole before heading back to Darwin.
Departs:Daily May - Oct 2020.
per person (based on 2 adults sharing)
- 3 days 4WD vehicle with a maximum of 24 guests & tour leader/drive
- 2 nights tented accommodation in private campsites (sleeping bags can be hired locally)
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 2 dinners
- International flights
New offers every day
As we can offer you such a flexible choice of flights, we don't include international airfares with our tour prices. The price you pay will be determined by the time of year you travel, your departure airport, airline and availability.
However, to give you a general idea of prices, flights to Darwin currently cost from £3,607 in Business Class
Your Trailfinders travel consultant will be able to find the best flights to suit you and your choice of tour. Please call for our latest offers.
Don't miss out - secure your place on the world's must do experiences before you go.
We offer hundreds of unforgettable experiences all round the globe, from city-tours to bridge climbs, balloon flights to whale watching cruises.
Take a look at the local tours we offer along the way and ask your Trailfinders consultant to add them to your itinerary for you.
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Get In Touch
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.