- find out more
Dragonfly Dreaming 4WD Kakadu & Litchfield Tour
Explore Australia’s Top End on a guided small group 4WD tour. Staying at comfortable lodge accommodation, your days will be adventurous and active, while your expert guide will explain the long history of this fascinating region as you explore the remote wilderness of the national parks.
- Style: Guided Small Group Adventure Tour
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
- Starts in: Darwin
Guide Price £751
- Personalised experience with a maximum of just 17 travellers
- Swim in the pristine pools of Litchfield National Park
- 4WD tours of Twin and Jim Jim Falls*
- Spot crocodiles on a Yellow Water Billabong cruise
- Learn about the Aboriginal culture and rock art at Nourlangie and Ubirr
Day 1 Darwin to Kakadu NP
Depart Darwin early this morning for Litchfield National Park, home to waterfalls and rugged sandstone escarpments. Discover the intriguing termite mounds that this region if famous for, before swimming in the pools of Florence and Wangi Falls .After a picnic lunch, travel the Old Jim Jim dirt road deep into Kakadu National Park. Keep your eyes peeled for the native wildlife as you cross billabongs and streams. Enjoy dinner prepared by your guide and some star gazing at the lodge this evening.
Day 2 Kakadu NP
Start your day with an iconic Yellow Water Billabong cruise to spot crocodiles and other wildlife along this unique water system. Travel to Nourlangie Rock to see how the Aboriginal people lived in this area through the rock art and archaeological site found here. After lunch, visit the Bowali Visitor Centre to learn more about the Aboriginal culture before continuing your journey to Ubirr. Learn about the Aboriginal rock art before climbing to Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain to Arnhem Land at sunset.
Day 3 Kakadu NP to Darwin
Depart early for Twin and Jim Jim Falls , the jewels of Kakadu National Park. Explore Twin Falls Gorge, only accessible by 4WD, before walking through the monsoon forest to reach the plunge pool of Jim Jim Falls. Spend the afternoon admiring the beauty of the area, before making your way back to Darwin this evening where your tour comes to an end.
Departs:Daily Jan - Dec 2020.
- 3 days 4WD vehicle with a maximum of 17 guests & tour leader/driver
- 2 nights lodge accommodation
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 3 dinners
- International flights
Please Note:Itinerary may differ during wet season (Nov - Apr).
*Access to Twin, Wangi and Jim Jim Falls may not be permitted May - Jun and will be substituted with other locations.
New offers every day
As we can offer you such a flexible choice of flights, we don't include international airfares with our tour prices. The price you pay will be determined by the time of year you travel, your departure airport, airline and availability.
However, to give you a general idea of prices, flights to Darwin currently cost from £3,607 in Business Class
Your Trailfinders travel consultant will be able to find the best flights to suit you and your choice of tour. Please call for our latest offers.
Don't miss out - secure your place on the world's must do experiences before you go.
We offer hundreds of unforgettable experiences all round the globe, from city-tours to bridge climbs, balloon flights to whale watching cruises.
Take a look at the local tours we offer along the way and ask your Trailfinders consultant to add them to your itinerary for you.
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Get In Touch
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.