- find out more
The Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces
- Style: Local Tour (Private Tour)
- Duration: Approx 8 hours
- Starts in: Guilin
Guide Price £161
- Spectacular rice terraces
- Culture of the Zhaung & Yao village people
Enjoy your full day private tour of the spectacular Longji Rice Terraces. With a history of more than 700 years, the area is still being used by the Yao and Zhuang villagers to grow premium quality rice. A 1 1/2 hour drive from Guilin takes you to Longsheng county where you will take a 40 minute scenic uphill walk from the foot hills to the summit of the rice terraces. See local people tend to their crops, pass by villages and admire the view across the stunning layered terraces, said to look like the scales of a dragon.
New offers every day
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.