- find out more
Jewels of Sri Lanka
Discover the vibrant colours and diverse culture of wonderful Sri Lanka. Explore tea plantations, historic rock fortresses and stunning beaches on this premium adventure tour.
- Style: Guided Small Group Adventure Tour
- Duration: 14 days/13 nights
- Starts in: Negombo
Guide Price £2050
per person (based on 2 adults sharing)
- Explore the Negombo fish market
- Visit ‘Lion Rock’ of Sigiriya
- View the UNESCO World Heritage Dambulla cave temple & the Polonnaruwa ruins
- Visit a tea factory in Haputale
- Take a jeep safari in Yala National Park
- Guided walk of Galle Fort
- Guided walking tour of Colombo
- Scenic train ride to Nuwara Eliya
Day 1 Negombo
Arrive in Sri Lanka and transfer to your hotel by the beach. Later, meet your tour leader for a welcome meeting.
Days 2-3 Negombo to Sigiriya
Head to the fish market and experience the energetic atmosphere. Enjoy a tour of the rock fortress of Sigiriya, before exploring the ruined palace otherwise known as the ‘Lion Rock’. On day three, drive to Anuradhapura, one of Sri Lanka’s ancient capitals.
Day 4 Sigiriya
Visit Polonnaruwa with its temples, tombs and stupas and the spectacular Quadrangle.
Days 5-6 Sigiriya to Kandy
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage listed Dambulla caves en route to Kandy. On day six, enjoy a visit to the incredible Peradeniya Botanic Gardens, in the company of a botanist. You’ll also visit a gem museum and the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Sri Lanka’s most important shrine.
Days 7-8 Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
Take a scenic train ride to Nuwara Eliya, a beautiful town perched on a mountain ridge. Visit a tea plantation on the morning of day eight before lunch at a local planter’s bungalow.
Day 9 Nuwara Eliya to Yala NP
Stop at Ella Gap and enjoy the amazing views before reaching Yala National Park for an evening safari. Try to spot elephants, monkeys and buffaloes. Spend the night just outside the park in Tissamaharama.
Day 10 Yala NP
Yala National Park is beautiful, enjoy another rewarding game drive today.
Days 11-12 Yala NP to Galle
Transfer to Galle, widely considered Sri Lanka’s best preserved colonial town. Day 12 is at leisure to explore Galle in your own time before a guided walking tour this evening.
Days 13-14 Galle to Colombo
Enjoy a relaxed morning before transferring to Colombo. Take a walking tour and explore this cosmopolitan city before your tour ends on the morning of day 14.
Departs:Frequent departures, Jan - Dec 2020.
per person (based on 2 adults sharing)
- Return airport transfers in Sri Lanka
- 13 nights hotel accommodation
- 13 breakfasts and 1 lunch
- International flights
New offers every day
As we can offer you such a flexible choice of flights, we don't include international airfares with our tour prices. The price you pay will be determined by the time of year you travel, your departure airport, airline and availability.
Your Trailfinders travel consultant will be able to find the best flights to suit you and your choice of tour. Please call for our latest offers.
Don't miss out - secure your place on the world's must do experiences before you go.
We offer hundreds of unforgettable experiences all round the globe, from city-tours to bridge climbs, balloon flights to whale watching cruises.
Take a look at the local tours we offer along the way and ask your Trailfinders consultant to add them to your itinerary for you.
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Get In Touch
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.