- find out more
Coastal Pacific - Christchurch to Picton
- Style: Rail
- Duration: Approx 5.5hrs
- Starts in: Christchurch
- Stunning rail journeys
- Spectacular scenery
- Panoramic windows & open air viewing
Immerse yourself in the rugged coastal scenery of New Zealand as you travel between Christchurch and Picton, via the coastal town of Kaikoura aboard the Coastal Pacific. The journey takes you breathtakingly close to the Pacific Ocean, where roaring seas meet bush-clad mountains. All carriages have panoramic windows and an open air viewing area so you can be sure to make the most of the views. The Coastal Pacific schedule connects with the Interislander ferry over the summer season, allowing smooth connections across the Cook Strait to Wellington. This rail journey is also available in the opposite direction, from Picton to Christchurch and you can break. Duration: approx 5.5hrs.
Departs:Christchurch 7am daily 1-26 Apr 20 & 1 Sep 20 - 25 Apr 21.
New offers every day
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Get In Touch
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.