An enchanting journey by rail and boat through the heart of Switzerland.
Travelling from Lugano or Locarno in the south, settle into your panoramic carriage, offering spectacular views of the mountainous region of Ticino for a 2.5hr journey north. At the lakeside town of Fluelen transfer onto an elegant, traditional steamboat as you take a gentle 3hr cruise across the emerald waters of Lake Lucerne, one of Switzerland’s most beautiful lakes, before arriving into Lucerne itself.
Life on Board
Recommended Rail Holidays
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator