- find out more
Best of Egypt
Explore the ancient sites along the Nile and discover the most famous of them all, the Great Pyramids of Giza. Embrace the culture and meet remarkable people as you sample some traditional fare with a Nubian family in a local village. Feel the buzz of vibrant bazaars in Aswan and Luxor, but relax and watch life unfold as you sail the Nile in a traditional felucca.
- Style: Guided Small Group Adventure Tour
- Duration: 8 days/7 nights
- Starts in: Cairo
Guide Price £679
- Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx
- Egyptian Museum
- Nubian village visit and traditional dinner
- Felucca overnight sailing excursion with support boat
- Edfu and Kom Ombo temples
- Temple of Hatshepsut and Valley of the Kings
Day 1 Cairo
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Cairo to Aswan
Tour the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx before a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum. Overnight train to Aswan.
Days 3-4 Aswan
Visit a Nubian village and enjoy a home-cooked dinner with a local family. Opt to visit the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel.
Day 5 Nile River
Sail the Nile via felucca with a support boat. Sleep onboard under the stars.
Days 6-7 Luxor
Enjoy a guided visit to Kom Ombo and Karnak Temple. Guided tour of the Valley of the Kings and Temple of Hatshepsut. Option to visit the Temple of Karnak and Luxor Museum. Lunch with a local family on the West Bank of the Nile.
Day 8 Cairo
Fly back to Cairo where the tour ends on arrival. Onward travel can be booked after 2pm. We highly recommend pre- or post-accommodation to fully explore this vibrant city.
Departs:Frequent departures Mar - Dec 2020.
- 5 nights simple hotel, 1 night sleeper train & 1 night felucca with support boat for toilet/showers
- Experienced Tour Leader
- Various transport including private air-con van, train, felucca & donkey
- Internal flight
- 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches & 3 dinners.
- International flights
- Allow USD150-200 for meals not included
New offers every day
As we can offer you such a flexible choice of flights, we don't include international airfares with our tour prices. The price you pay will be determined by the time of year you travel, your departure airport, airline and availability.
However, to give you a general idea of prices, flights to Cairo currently cost from £375 in Economy
Your Trailfinders travel consultant will be able to find the best flights to suit you and your choice of tour. Please call for our latest offers.
Don't miss out - secure your place on the world's must do experiences before you go.
We offer hundreds of unforgettable experiences all round the globe, from city-tours to bridge climbs, balloon flights to whale watching cruises.
Take a look at the local tours we offer along the way and ask your Trailfinders consultant to add them to your itinerary for you.
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
Our travel centres are currently closed
Our phone lines are open at the following times:-
Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm (UK) : 9am-7pm (ROI)
Saturday & Bank Holidays: 9am - 6pm
Sunday: 10am - 6pm
For individual opening times please check your local travel centre
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Get In Touch
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.