- find out more
The Kimberley & Top End
A grand tour through the stunning, untouched wilderness of the Kimberley and Kakadu regions on board one of APT’s specially designed 4WD vehicles.
- Style: Guided Small Group Journey
- Duration: 17 days/16 nights
- Starts in: Darwin
Guide Price £6695
per person (based on 2 adults sharing)
- Helicopter flight over Mitchell Falls
- Visit Tunnel Creek and Windjana Gorge National Park
- Drive the Gibb River Road
- View the rugged cliffs of Bell Gorge and swim in the waterfalls
- See the Aboriginal art at Galvans Gorge, Mitchell Falls and Kakadu National Park
- Explore the isolated Mitchell Plateau
- Guided cruise through Chamberlain Gorge
- See the beehive domes of the Bungle Bungle Range
- Guided dinner cruise on Katherine Gorge
- Visit Indigenous Arnhem Land
- Guluyambi Cruise on the East Alligator River
Day 1 Darwin
Arrive in Darwin and explore at leisure before a welcome dinner.
Day 2 Darwin to Kakadu National Park
Travel across the sweeping wetlands of the Marrakai Plains to Kakadu National Park. Head to the sacred site of Ubirr to explore galleries of ancient Aboriginal art before checking into your exclusive wilderness lodge.
Day 3 Kakadu National Park
Cross the East Alligator River for a guided tour into the spiritual Arnhem Land. Experience the art and natural beauty of a region that is inaccessible to most travellers.
Day 4 Kakadu National Park to Katherine
Continue marvelling at the beautiful scenery of Kakadu National Park with a cruise on the Yellow Water Billabong. This afternoon, arrive at Nitmiluk National Park. Enjoy a drink at your lodge, before dinner showcasing the region’s finest produce.
Days 5-6 Katherine to Kununurra
Today, join an unforgettable Nitmiluk Gorge Cruise. Discover the music, stories and ways of the local Jawoyn people before continuing to Kununurra. On day six, travel to the mighty Ord River for a wildlife cruise.
Days 7-8 Kununurra to Purnululu National Park
Journey deep into Word Heritage listed Purnululu National Park, home to the spectacular Bungle Bungle Range. Hike to Echidna Chasm, a spectacular natural cleft in the rock with narrow towering walls. On day eight, hike along Piccaninny Creek to the natural amphitheatre, Cathedral Gorge. Afterwards, enjoy a drink as the sun sets over the stunning Bungle Bungles.
Days 9-10 Purnululu National Park to El Questro Wilderness Park
Travel to El Questro Wilderness Park, an enormous cattle station in the heart of the Kimberley. Stay for 2 nights immersed in nature. On day 10 enjoy a spectacular cruise on Chamberlain Gorge before visiting a natural spring tucked away in the rainforest.
Days 11-12 El Questro Wilderness Park to Mitchell Falls
Journey along the Gibb River Road and ford rivers to arrive at your exclusive tented lodge on the Mitchell Plateau. On day 12, discover the beautiful, cascading cataracts of Mitchell Falls.
Day 13 Mitchell Falls to Drysdale River
View unique rock art on the banks of the King Edward River, before soaking up the charm of the family owned Drysdale River Station.
Days 14-15 Drysdale River to Bell Gorge
Journey to the beautiful Manning Gorge to spot local birdlife. Enjoy lunch before travelling to Galvans Gorge, then on to Bell Gorge and take a swim, go birdwatching, or perhaps enjoy a hike.
Days 16-17 Bell Gorge to Broome
Back on the Gibb River Road, travel to Tunnel Creek, a natural tunnel carved through the Napier Range. Wade through the cool waters that fill the tunnel’s winding path and emerge to a stunning oasis. Continue to Windjana Gorge where sheer cliffs tower above glistening white sands. Enjoy a farewell dinner with your fellow travellers before your tour concludes on day 17.
Departs:Selected departures, May - Sep 2020.
This tour also operates in reverse, please ask for details.
per person (based on 2 adults sharing)
- 17 days touring by specially designed 4WD vehicles with a maximum 22 guests
- Return airport transfers in Australia
- 10 night tented wilderness lodges & 6 nights 3 hotel accommodation
- 16 breakfasts, 15 lunches & 16 dinners
- International flights
New offers every day
As we can offer you such a flexible choice of flights, we don't include international airfares with our tour prices. The price you pay will be determined by the time of year you travel, your departure airport, airline and availability.
However, to give you a general idea of prices, flights to Darwin currently cost from £3,607 in Business Class
Your Trailfinders travel consultant will be able to find the best flights to suit you and your choice of tour. Please call for our latest offers.
Don't miss out - secure your place on the world's must do experiences before you go.
We offer hundreds of unforgettable experiences all round the globe, from city-tours to bridge climbs, balloon flights to whale watching cruises.
Take a look at the local tours we offer along the way and ask your Trailfinders consultant to add them to your itinerary for you.
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Get In Touch
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.