- find out more
Fly to the shores of Lake Superior to Thunder Bay, the gateway to your far northern Ontario escape. Soar over the remote Ontario landscape up to the exquisite gem that is Miminiska Lodge. Here, a warm welcome, vast wilderness and a host of activities are just waiting to be discovered.
- Style: Wilderness Experience
- Duration: 6 days/5 nights
- Starts in: Thunder Bay
Guide Price £3531
per person (based on 2 adults sharing a room)
- Wilderness & scenery
- Bespoke itinerary
Day 1 Thunder Bay
The first day of your northern adventure is spent in Thunder Bay where you will be met on arrival at the airport and transferred to your hotel. This afternoon is yours to see the city and perhaps visit Fort William Historical Park with its reconstruction of a fur trading post from the early 1800s. After dinner on the waterfront, glide out onto Lake Superior for a guided sunset harbour cruise, complete with a selection of local delicacies including cheese and chocolates.
Day 2 Thunder Bay to Miminiska Lodge
This morning, your true wilderness journey begins. Transfer by road to meet the lodge’s plane and soar over a patchwork of uninhabited islands and glistening lakes to the wonderful Miminiska Lodge. A warm welcome and cosy cabin complete with log burning stoves await. After checking in, your hosts and guides will meet you for a welcome orientation and help you to create a personalised itinerary, just for you. This evening, enjoy a hearty evening meal prepared from local produce then cosy up by the bonfire to toast marshmallows and stargaze.
Days 3-5 Miminiska Lodge
Wake up in the wilderness, where the great outdoors is yours to discover. Meander the miles of waterways by canoe with just your guide and the local wildlife for company, or take a picnic into the unspoilt forest in search of bald eagles, moose, beaver and more. Immerse yourself in the First Nations culture or learn to paddle board on the lodge’s surrounding tranquil waters. Why not add a flightseeing tour (payable locally) for spectacular views of the expansive wilderness. After a full day of activities, relax in the natural sauna or beside the campfire, gazing at the carpet of stars above. If you’re lucky, spot the Northern Lights as they dance across the night sky. Miminiska Lodge’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to teach and guide you around their pristine home, in the heart of Ontario.
Day 6 Miminiska Lodge to Thunder Bay
After breakfast, your unique experience comes to an end with the plane sweeping you back to reality and to Thunder Bay airport for your onward travels.
Departs:Multiple dates, early Jul - early Sep
per person (based on 2 adults sharing a room)
- 1 night 3★ hotel accommodation
- 4 nights 3★ lodge stay in a private cabin
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 5 dinners
- Snacks onboard the harbour cruise
- Soft drinks & alcoholic beverages with dinner at Miminiska Lodge
- 2 hour Twilight Lake Superior Harbour Cruise from Thunder Bay
- Guided canoe/kayak excursions
- Guided interpretive explorations of First Nations history
- Sunset Yoga
- Use of stand up paddle boards
- Native arts & crafts
- Guided fishing programmes
- Bonfires & nightly entertainment
- Return road transfers between Thunder Bay Airport and Thunder Bay hotel n Return road and plane transfers between Thunder Bay and Miminiska Lodge
- International flights
New offers every day
As we can offer you such a flexible choice of flights, we don't include international airfares with our tour prices. The price you pay will be determined by the time of year you travel, your departure airport, airline and availability.
Your Trailfinders travel consultant will be able to find the best flights to suit you and your choice of tour. Please call for our latest offers.
Don't miss out - secure your place on the world's must do experiences before you go.
We offer hundreds of unforgettable experiences all round the globe, from city-tours to bridge climbs, balloon flights to whale watching cruises.
Take a look at the local tours we offer along the way and ask your Trailfinders consultant to add them to your itinerary for you.
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
Our travel centres are currently closed
Our phone lines are open at the following times:-
Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm (UK) : 9am-7pm (ROI)
Saturday & Bank Holidays: 9am - 6pm
Sunday: 10am - 6pm
For individual opening times please check your local travel centre
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Get In Touch
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.