- find out more
This compact Indian journey will introduce you to three very different northern cities and the colourful rural life of Rajasthan. From the hectic pace of Delhi with its bustling markets, magnificent monuments and colonial past, travel by private transport to Agra and the mesmerizing beauty of the Taj Mahal - truly one of the wonders of the world. Discover why Jaipur is called the 'Pink City' and get a taste of village life in Abhaneri with its magnificent stepwells.
- Style: Guided Small Group Adventure Tour
- Duration: 8 days/7 nights
- Starts in: Delhi
Guide Price £549
- Wander around modern and ancient Delhi
- Revel in the Mughal magnificence of the Taj and Fatephur Sikri,
- Visit rural villages and historic forts
- Explore India's vibrant cities
Day 1 Delhi
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Delhi to Agra
Enjoy an included walk through the backstreets of Delhi with a young adult taking part in the Planeterra-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. As a former street kid, your guide will offer a unique insight into the real Delhi.
Day 3 Agra
Visit to the famous Taj Mahal, Baby Taj and Red Fort.
Day 4 Agra to Dhula Village
Stop at Fatehpur Sikri, the now-deserted former capital of the Mughals. In the afternoon, travel to Dhula Village and get a closer look at rural life in Rajasthan during a cycling excursion. Tonight opt to relax by the fire and take in the starry night sky.
Days 5-6 Dhula Village to Jaipur
Visit the Palace of the Winds and wander the organized streets of the 'Pink City'. Enjoy a visit to the Amber Fort, famous for its mixture of Hindu and Muslim architecture. Option to watch a Bollywood movie in Raj Mandir.
Day 7 Delhi
We return to Delhi in the afternoon. Enjoy free time to explore Delhi.
Day 8 Delhi
Depart at any time.
Departs:Frequent departures Mar - Dec 2020.
- 6 nights simple hotels and 1 night tented camp accommodation
- Experienced tour leader
- Various transport including private vehicle, taxis, auto-rickshaw & cycle-rickshaw
- International flights
- Allow USD195-255 for meals not included.
New offers every day
As we can offer you such a flexible choice of flights, we don't include international airfares with our tour prices. The price you pay will be determined by the time of year you travel, your departure airport, airline and availability.
However, to give you a general idea of prices, flights to Delhi currently cost from £936 in Economy, £739 in Premium Economy and £1,200 in Business Class
Your Trailfinders travel consultant will be able to find the best flights to suit you and your choice of tour. Please call for our latest offers.
Don't miss out - secure your place on the world's must do experiences before you go.
We offer hundreds of unforgettable experiences all round the globe, from city-tours to bridge climbs, balloon flights to whale watching cruises.
Take a look at the local tours we offer along the way and ask your Trailfinders consultant to add them to your itinerary for you.
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.