- find out more
1 Night Orangutan & Sun Bear Discovery
Discover the wonderful wildlife of Borneo on this overnight tour to Sepilok. See the fascinating orangutans, meaning ‘man of the forest’, as they glide effortlessly around their habitat at a conservation centre. Walk amongst the rainforest tree line on a canopy walkway, as you lookout for the over 250 tropical bird species and get to see Sun Bears at the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre.
- Style: Local Tour
- Duration: 2 days/1 night
- Starts in: Kota Kinabalu
Guide Price £428
- Watch orangutans enjoy their morning feeding
- Spend a night at the Sepilok Nature Resort
- Visit the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Lookout for the 250 bird species from a canopy walkway
Day 1 Kota Kinabalu to Sepilok
Take the short flight to Sandakan and immerse yourself in the wonderful wildlife experience that awaits. Visit the interesting and educational Rainforest Discovery Centre and explore the canopy walkway, nestled high amongst the rainforest tree line. This is a great opportunity to spot some of the 250 bird species and maybe even a wild orangutan. Arrive at Sepilok Nature Resort for a relaxing evening and overnight stay.
Day 2 Sepilok to Kota Kinabalu
Today, visit the world’s largest orangutan rehabilitation centre. Witness these fascinating animals being fed by the rangers and stroll the jungle-flanked wooden walkways as the orangutans go about their day. This afternoon visit the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre, another amazing and protected animal. Travel to the airport for your flight back to Kota Kinabalu, stopping off en route for a last glimpse of the orangutans as they enjoy their afternoon meal.
Explore our Malaysia holidays pages
Departs:Kota Kinabalu hotels daily
New offers every day
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
Our travel centres are currently closed
Our phone lines are open at the following times:-
Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm (UK) : 9am-7pm (ROI)
Saturday & Bank Holidays: 9am - 6pm
Sunday: 10am - 6pm
For individual opening times please check your local travel centre
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.