- find out more
New England's Fall Foliage - Insight
Discover the best of New England during this remarkable time of year. From historic Boston to the scenic White Mountains, this tour showcases technicolour New England at its most glorious.
- Style: Luxury Guided Group Journey
- Duration: 8 days/7 nights
- Starts in: Boston
Guide Price £2795
per person (based on 2 adults sharing)
- Walking tour along the historic Freedom Trail
- Spectacular fall foliage photo stops
- Visit Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory
- See the homes of the rich and famous in the charming town of Kennebunkport
- Ride the Gondola SkyRide at Loon Mountain
- Admire the expansive views across Mount Washington
- Explore the Norman Rockwell Museum
Day 1 Boston
Transfer from the airport to meet your tour director and fellow travellers for a welcome reception and dinner.
Day 2 Boston to Williamstown
Explore Boston’s historic sites and its famous Freedom Trail on a guided tour. Head out of the city and admire the colourful scenery as you cross the rolling Berkshire Hills. Stop at the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge en route to beautiful Williamstown.
Day 3 Williamstown to Stowe
Leave Massachusetts and travel through the bronze fall foliage of Vermont. Stop at Billings Farm and Museum for an insight into diary farming life, before stopping in the quintessential New England village of Woodstock. Continue to the pretty alpine town of Stowe, where you’ll stay in the Von Trapp family’s Austrian style lodge for the next two nights.
Day 4 Stowe
Visit the Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory and sample some of their quirky flavours, before heading back to Stowe through the beautiful scenery ablaze with autumnal colours. Spend the afternoon at leisure.
Day 5 Stowe to North Conway
Travel to Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks to taste a Vermont tradition, ‘sugar on snow’, before heading to New Hampshire’s White Mountains and the striking Franconia Notch. Take a scenic ride on the gondola at Loon Mountain for panoramic views across four states and possibly Canada. Later, head to the unspoiled town of North Conway, travelling the famed Kancamagus Scenic Byway which dazzles with crimson and orange hues.
Day 6 North Conway
This morning, learn of the wildlife and ecology of the North Woods from a naturalist guide. More spectacular fall foliage awaits as you travel to Crawford Notch to see the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, which boast stunning views of Mount Washington.
Day 7 North Conway to Portland
Travel along Ocean Drive for spectacular views of Maine’s coastline. Admire the Portland Head Light on the shores of Fort Williams Park, before continuing to historic Portland. This evening, enjoy a farewell dinner with Maine lobster.
Day 8 Portland to Boston
Explore the coastal town of Kennebunkport, before making your way back to Boston.
Departs:Frequent departures, Sep - Oct 2021.
per person (based on 2 adults sharing)
- Return airport transfers in the USA
- 7 nights 4 to 4+ accommodation including the Hyatt Regency Boston, The White Mountain Hotel & Resort, North Conway and Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe
- 7 breakfasts & 5 dinners including a highlight dinner of Maine Lobster
- International flights
New offers every day
As we can offer you such a flexible choice of flights, we don't include international airfares with our tour prices. The price you pay will be determined by the time of year you travel, your departure airport, airline and availability.
However, to give you a general idea of prices, flights to Boston currently cost from £367 in Economy and £623 in Premium Economy
Your Trailfinders travel consultant will be able to find the best flights to suit you and your choice of tour. Please call for our latest offers.
Don't miss out - secure your place on the world's must do experiences before you go.
We offer hundreds of unforgettable experiences all round the globe, from city-tours to bridge climbs, balloon flights to whale watching cruises.
Take a look at the local tours we offer along the way and ask your Trailfinders consultant to add them to your itinerary for you.
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Get In Touch
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.