The Bernina Express, arguably Switzerland’s the most scenic rail journey, travels between Chur or Davos to St. Moritz and onto Tirano in Italy.
The route is an UNESCO World Heritage Site for its incredible feat of engineering. As you travel from towering glaciers to the swaying palm trees of northern Italy, pass over Europe’s highest transalpine railway, travel over the striking Landwasser Viaduct set atop 65m high pillars and enjoy panoramic views from the 180 degree turn of the Montebello curve. Upon arrival in Tirano, choose to take the return journey or continue onto Lugano onboard the comfortable Bernina Express Bus.
Life on Board
Recommended Rail Holidays
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
Our travel centres are currently closed
Our phone lines are open at the following times:-
Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm (UK) : 9am-7pm (ROI)
Saturday & Bank Holidays: 9am - 6pm
Sunday: 10am - 6pm
For individual opening times please check your local travel centre
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator